Corridor Studies on the TEN-T Core Network Corridors
Europäische Kommission, DG Move | 2014 – heute
Efficient infrastructures with sufficient capacity and efficient management are an essential factor for the economic competitiveness of the Member States of the European Union (EU). In order to create efficient infrastructures, the development of the trans-European transport networks and above all their core networks is being pursued.
2014 the Commission first commissioned seperate studies for each of the Core Network Corridors, followed by a second phase from 2015 to 2017, and a third from 2018-2022. KombiConsult was involved during all phases in two of the nine Core Network Corridors, which are in particular the Scandinavian Mediterranean (Scan Med) Corridor as lead consultant, and the Rhine Alpine Corridor as a partner. So far, the studies led to five corridor work plans of each of the corridors which were presented by the respective European Coordinator to the Member States.
- Development and continuation of a cross-corridor knowledge base (transport market study, corridor characteristics, EU studies, national documents)
- Identify, evaluate and critically evaluate all projects relevant to the corridor development
- Create and maintain a comprehensive project list of projects across all nine corridors
- Monitoring and analysis of the status of the implementation of the projects and related reporting
- Development and further elaboration of the elements for updating the respective work plans
- Prepare the required interim and progress reports
- Preparing, supporting and follow-up activities for the meetings of the corridor forum and the working groups
- Project management in terms of timing, budget and project resources
Information on the Trans-European Transport Network:
Information on the Core Network Corridors:
Download the current Scan Med Work Plan V: